This policy applies to information collected by incrediblack through all channels.
incrediblack.com is operated by incrediblack LLC, a limited liability company based in District of Columbia, United States.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection law, including the GDPR, incrediblack is the data controller for the processing of your personal data.
Information Collected from Website Visitors
You may choose to interact with our Website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to incrediblack, such as giving us your name, email address, and password when signing up for an account, filling out an application, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages, campaigns, or our blog.
Information Collected from Registered Users
We collect information when you create an account on our Website, edit your account information, financially back a campaign, or apply to join incrediblack as an Ally, as described below.
Creating an Account:
When you create an account on our Website, we collect basic information about you - your name and email address. You can choose to provide additional information, such as your mailing address, a photo, favorite campaigns, etc., if you create a profile or create a incrediblack campaign.
Making a Donation:
When you Back a Campaign on incrediblack.com, we collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address, if you have not previously provided these details during a prior session. We collect information about your transaction, including the campaign you are backing and the amount of your support. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
We may also ask you to share a brief description about why you decided to back the selected campaign(s) along with your name and general location. If you elect to provide this optional information, we may share your comments with the campaign(s) you have backed and may also publicly share this information to inspire other visitors to follow your example.
Contests, Promotions, and Surveys:
Periodically, incrediblack may invite you to participate in contests, take advantage of special promotions, and complete online surveys. If you have created a incrediblack account or profile, information we collect from these contests, promotions, and surveys may be associated with you personally.
Creating a Campaign:
When you Create a Campaign for funding on incrediblack, we collect information about campaigns you propose. Remember, however, that anything you post on your Campaign page will be seen by visitors to the Website.
If you back someone elses campaign, then we may also share your name and the date and amount of your support with the person who created the campaign unless you elect to be anonymous.
Information Obtained From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from public records and/or from databases when conducting due diligence on nonprofit organizations or conducting fraud prevention checks on transactions.
incrediblack uses the personal data that you provide or we obtain, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your financial transactions, to:
• Process your financial transactions, contact you regarding any questions related to your purchase and mail items related to your purchase (if applicable). Use of this data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us in connection with your transaction. If you do not provide the necessary data to us or our payment service provider, we will not be able to process your financial transactions.
• Comply with our legal obligations.
• Send you updates on campaigns, newsletters, events, matching opportunities, information about incrediblack, and campaigns we think we think will be of interest to you. We will we will only send you this information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You can also unsubscribe from incrediblack communications by logging into your account and editing your preferences.
As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
• Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our Website (described above) to improve your experience on our Website (such as remembering your name, the items in your Cart, or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity;
• If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
• We may anonymize the information that we collect and use such anonymized data for statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, business partners, and academic researchers;
• Operate the Website, market and advertise our services, and operate our business; and
• Compile aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors or registered users use our Website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will share your personal data with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your financial transactions, offer you services in connection with our Website, communicate news and information about incrediblack, provide customer service, mail gift cards, notify the campaign(s) you elect to support about your support, marketing and advertising, and complete financial transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your personal data only to the extent necessary to serve these purposes, or as otherwise authorized by this policy. Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, or sell a donor's personal data with anyone else.
Unless you ask us not to, we share your personal data under the following circumstances:
• When you support a campaign, we share your name and contact information with the campaign holder and organization running that campaign.
• When you support a campaign, we share your name and the date and amount of your financial transaction with the person who created the campaign.
• When you decide to post a comment or share why you supported a campaign, we may share and attribute your comment on our site publicly and with the campaign you have supported;
• Each time you back a campaign, however, we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to share your personal data in the ways described above by selecting to be "anonymous" during the checkout process.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.
We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
In order to collect this information, the Website places a cookie on your hard drive. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. We also use web beacons and other technologies to track usage patterns.
We use several tools to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website, or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests). We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
Information about Children
incrediblack.com is a general audience website and does not collect information about a visitor's age. We do, from time to time, partner with other organizations to educate children about entrepreneurship in general and our work in particular. In those cases, we do not collect personal data from a visitor on pages specifically designed for children.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal data about children under the age of 16 and we do not offer any of our products or services directly to children under the age of 13.
Right to access: You can access your account information or make changes or updates at any time by going to the My Account page. We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. User can submit the request to access a copy of their information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to erasure: If you wish to delete your account or have you information removed from our system, you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com. For privacy and security, requests must come from the email address tied to your account.
Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. User can submit the request to access a copy of their information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
• If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) (details on how to do so can be found on the ICO's website) or other data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
In addition, when you create an account or profile on our Site, you can decide whether to make some or all of that information public or private. You can change your choices at any time using the My Profile page. Please note, however, that your preferences do not affect the disclosures to campaign holders. So, for example, if you support a campaign, then we will display your name and date of your transaction on the campaign regardless of your profile settings. Likewise, if you back a campaign, we will share your name and contact information with the campaign holder. In each case we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to disclose your personal data with the campaign holder, or publish it on the website or in our annual report. You may ask us to change the anonymous settings on past transactions by emailing us at email@example.com.
RIGHTS OF NEVADA RESIDENTS: Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by taking control of your data in the top right-hand corner, emailing us . Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: The following section on CCPA, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 which is effective January 1, 2020, applies to California residents who have certain rights regarding the personal information (as defined in the CCPA) collected by incrediblack. It does not cover personal information not subject to the CCPA rights identified below, such as personal information we collect from our employees or job applicants. Likewise, the CCPA does not extend all the rights identified below to personal information collected from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services.
1. “Personal information” or “PI” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
2. “Consumer” is a California resident, a natural person who is a California resident for other than a temporary or transitory purposes, or someone who is domiciled in California but is currently outside the State for a temporary or transitory purpose.
3. “Sale” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the incrediblack to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS UNDER CCPA
1. Right to Opt Out. You have the right, at any time, to direct us to not sell your PI. You can do so on, by taking control of your data on the top right corner of this page, or by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Information Link” found at the bottom ‘Footer’ section of our Site.
2. Sale of PI. Under the CCPA, sale is also broadly defined such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior, to deliver targeted advertising on the Services or other services.
Categories of PI We Provide and Purposes of the Sale. We provide the following categories of information to third parties for these purposes: including identifiers, geolocation information, professional or employment related data, and physical characteristics or descriptions.
Purpose of the Sale: We may provide the following categories of personal information to third parties for these purposes:For online targeted advertising purposes: device identifiers (such as browsing history; geolocation information; social media information), and for sharing with third parties to send you relevant offers and promotions and opportunities, such as when you sign up for an event or to receive more information and provide categories of information to us: identifiers, professional or employment related data (such as your job title or current company), and physical characteristics or descriptions (such as if you provide a picture of yourself).
3.Right to Know or Right to be Informed. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to know what specific pieces of PI incrediblack has collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request, along with the categories of sources of that PI, our business or commercial purpose for disclosing your PI, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your PI. You may make this request no more than twice per 12-month period.
4. Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of the PI incrediblack has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA including, without limitation:Making sure you can receive your Perk if you would still like to, Making sure deletion does not affect your obligations to your Backers if you are a Campaign Owner, complying with incrediblack’s legal or compliance obligations, detecting fraudulent behavior or security incidents, and other reasons that are in connection with our lawful internal uses that are consistent with your relationship with us and the context in which the information was collected.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CCPA
You can exercise any of your rights under CCPA by taking control of your data on the top right-hand corner of this page.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include the following:
1. If you are exercising your Right to Delete or a similar right that does not require the disclosure of specific pieces of information about you:If you are writing to us from the email address associated with your incrediblack account or transactions that incrediblack has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to confirm the action you wish us to take before we proceed (such as confirming you would like us to delete your information).
If you are not writing to us from the email address associated with your incrediblack account or the Contributions that incrediblack has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to provide 3 specific pieces of data that we have on file for you, such as email address you used when making a Contribution or billing information such as the last 4 digits of the credit card used or the billing address for a Contribution.
2. If you are exercising your Right to Know or a similar right that does require disclosure of specific pieces of information about you:If you are writing to us from the email address associated with your incrediblack account or transactions that incrediblack has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to both: 1) confirm the action you wish us to take before we proceed and 2) also provide a statement that you “declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Know request has been made.”
If you are not writing to us from the email address associated with your incrediblack account or the Contributions that incrediblack has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to both: 1) provide 3 specific pieces of data that we have on file for you, such as email address you used when making a Contribution or billing information such as the last 4 digits of the credit card used or the billing address for a Contribution and 2) also provide a statement that you “declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Know request has been made.”
3. You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity according to the above methods before processing the authorized agent’s request.
4. If we are not able to successfully verify you according to the above methods, then we will not be able to comply with your request.
incrediblack will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA. However, if your request requires us to delete, restrict or not share information, please be advised that this will inhibit some functionality of the Site. Any subsequent interaction with the Site after deletion will require new requests for action on your data.
OTHER RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share your personal information with third parties’ direct marketing use unless you elect that we do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us with a detailed description of the specific content or information. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
We will retain information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide our services. We may also retain and use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse.
You should take additional steps to safeguard your personal data online. To learn more about how to protect yourself, visit the Federal Trade Commission website (US) or the Information Commissioner's Office (UK).
Safeguarding Your Information
incrediblack understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
The European Commission has determined that the transfer of personal information of its residents outside of Europe must be subject to a legal framework that adequately protects it. To that end, we transfer personal information of European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Swiss residents to the U.S. (or elsewhere) based the use of the Standard Contractual Clauses (also known as “Model Clauses”). Per the European Commission, this standard agreement ensures sufficient safeguards for data to be transferred internationally.
For individuals in the European Union, incrediblack you may contact incrediblack and address any issues relating to processing by incrediblack to UK@incrediblack.com.
Last Modified: September 5, 2020